Things To Avoid
- More on Preparing for an Interview
- Try to avoid giving out too much personal information (i.e., financial problems, marital status, children, etc.)
- Avoid questions about salary and benefits until the job is offered.
- Don't talk too much. Bring a few pointed, well thought out questions regarding the position (i.e., duties, responsibilities, territory size, commission structure, potential for advancement.)
- Don't be late. If at all possible, be early at least 5-10 minutes prior to the interview.
- Don't brag. It is fine to bring a "brag book" with you to the interview that lists your accomplishments. However, try not to rely on it. Use it as a guide to show the interviewer what you can do for their company.